Healthy London Partnership (HLP) Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP) Programme Survey: Supporting Transformation in the London CDOP system
Cheung R. O’Sullivan D, Parr, T, Devitt D London 2017
HLP began in 2016 to support the London CDOP system to meet the significant transformational challenges they face.
A transformational change programme based on a baseline survey of system needs in 2016 and stakeholder feedback.
Flowing from the survey and stakeholder engagement events London CDOP have been supported via a series of workshops, generation of resources, alongside engagement National Partners , to enable London to respond to requirements of Children and Social Work Act (CSWA) and new Statutory guidance.
Programme outputs have included
- Themed workshops addressing stakeholder priorities including Asthma and Neonatal Deaths, consanguinity, SUDI, Suicide Prevention and working relationships with Coroners
- Development of Pan London resources including checklist methodology, Bereavement support and Suicide Prevention
- Briefings and engagement specific to CSWA
- Pan London system level relationships including Coronial, Ambulance and Pathology systems
- A second year of support focussing on Transformational change
The London system has much unwarranted variation which HLP has framed its programme to address with a network orientated transformation programme.